In Loving Memory
December 23, 1952 - December 3, 2008
"Geeta left her smile and her music all over the world."
On Dec 3rd, our beloved ray of sunshine, Geeta Sugandh, passed
away. She was 55. Amazingly, mom remained smiley, positive, and radiant
throughout her battle with cancer. She is the most genuine and
inspirational woman we will ever know. She has inspired so many with her
lessons of family togetherness, positivity, staying healthy and active,
and unconditional love. Her heart was bigger than an ocean, her eyes
sparkled, and her smile brightened up the world.
She passed peacefully in her place of perfection, the arms of
her soul mate, Kanaiya Sugandh.
Geeta and Kanaiya are the epitome of true love. They did not
spend a minute apart and could not experience true joy without the
presence of one another. There are really no words to describe a love as
pure and genuine as theirs. At 6:20am, on Dec 3rd, Dad found the courage
to begin to tell Ma that although he can not be happy without her, he
was going to try to be okay, and that she could relax. Once he stopped
talking, her breathing immediately began to slow down and she passed
away 60 seconds later, at 6:26am.
Our radiant mother, that touched so many, lives on in all of us.
Her valuable lessons will be treasured and we will strive to spread as
much beauty, happiness, and positivity in the world as she did.
The loss of a beautiful woman whose radiance touched all of us:
Prayers and support are coming from around the world for Geeta. Please join us to celebrate her life by smiling more and singing daily.
On behalf of our family, we wish to express our gratutude for your many acts of kindness in thought and in deed.
What mummy tacked on our wall when we were little: 21 Suggestions for SUCCESS by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
My wonderful mummy put this poster on our wall when we were little. I have recently put it in my own home for my children. It's one of those things I've re-read and re-read and incorporated just because it was right in front of me (near the dining table, framed exquisitely) ... Enjoy! Love, Seema
21 Suggestions for SUCCESS by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal.
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even if it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your Mom proud.